Saturday, November 28, 2009

Little red hen

One of Sylvia's favorite children's stories is the one about the little red hen who asked who wanted to help her do some cooking, and none did so she ended up doing it all herself'. Well she is the ward compassionate service leader and when we had a funeral of a wonderful neighbor last week, she did a really good job of assigning several ladies to help with the family dinner, but you can see here how much she ended up doing herself. The funeral was for a really nice old guy that we all loved and she didn't want to serve just any kind of baked goods so the family really was blessed by her work.
Later I was talking to a neighbor about baking some pies for a Christmas event, and her reply was "don't expect me to go pie to pie against Sylvia!" She has an awesome reputation.
Being as humble as she is, she was kind of hoping that I wouldn't post this, but my love and admiration for her made me do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment